What makes the 2019 Oscars a singular second in movie historical past? initially appeared on Quora: the place to realize and share information, empowering individuals to study from others and higher perceive the world.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER ADVERTISEMENT
Reply by Ben Zauzmer, Hollywood Reporter Oscars Analyst, on Quora:
There are numerous issues distinctive to the 2019 Oscars. To call a number of of my favorites, from the intense to the whimsical:
- Black Panther turned the primary superhero film nominated for Greatest Image or Greatest Unique Track.
- That is the primary time the phrases Ebook and Favorite (both spelling) have appeared in Greatest Image titles. Although “Ebook” is a part of a compound in Silver Linings Playbook.
- Glenn Shut (The Spouse) acquired her seventh nomination, turning into probably the most nominated actress of all time and not using a win (although in fact she might change that this week).
- The 2 leads in A Star Is Born, if thought-about to be the identical characters as within the earlier variations, are the primary fictional characters to be nominated 3 times. Two actual-life characters have achieved that: King Henry VIII and Queen Elizabeth I.
- All stay-motion brief nominee titles are one phrase lengthy. That has by no means occurred earlier than.
- A Star Is Born is the primary movie ever to be nominated for Greatest Image, Actor, Actress, Supporting Actor, Tailored Screenplay, Track, Sound Modifying, and Cinematography.
- Vice is the primary movie nominated for Greatest Image, Director, Actor, Supporting Actor, Supporting Actress, Unique Screenplay, Make-up & Hair, and Movie Modifying.
- That is the primary time in Oscars historical past that there are greater than 5 Greatest Image nominees and all of them are nominated in a minimum of 5 classes.
- That is the primary time in Oscars historical past that each Greatest Image nominee has extra nominations than each movie not nominated for Greatest Image.
Further distinctive points of the 2019 Oscars might emerge on Sunday night time:
- Alfonso Cuarón might grow to be the primary individual to win Greatest Director for a overseas-language movie (Roma).
- Cuarón can also be the primary individual nominated for each directing and cinematography.
- Rami Malek (Bohemian Rhapsody) has an opportunity to turn into the primary individual ever to win the Oscar for Greatest Actor and the Emmy for Greatest Lead Actor in a Drama, which he gained for Mr. Robotic.
- If Chilly Warfare upsets Roma for Greatest Overseas Language Movie, it will mark the primary time that a Greatest Image nominee nominated for Greatest Overseas Language Movie misplaced the latter class.
- Marc Shaiman (Mary Poppins Returns) might grow to be the sixteenth individual to finish the EGOT (Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, Tony) with a win for Greatest Unique Rating.
- Mexico might win its first Overseas Language Movie trophy for Roma. That is Mexico’s ninth nomination.
This query initially appeared on Quora – the place to realize and share information, empowering individuals to study from others and higher perceive the world. You possibly can comply with Quora on Twitter, Fb, and Google+. Extra questions: